How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000,-77
Intuit has launched QuickBooks to make accounting task easier than before. Using the accounting software, you can work smartly without any kind of manual interference. It works smoothly but sometimes a user encounter error in the software due to some technical issue. Error code -6000,-77 is amongst common QB errors reported in the tool because of some specific condition. You have to follow few steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000,-77 and here we discuss the same in brief.
But before starting the discussion on the method of error fixing, you need to know the causes behind the issue.
Get started with the cause of QuickBooks error code -6000,-77
There are varied reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code -6000,-77. Some of the most common and genuine reasons are mentioned below:
- When a company file is placed on an external storage device instead of network/ local drive
- Incorrect folder permissions of the folder inside which the company files are stored
- Due to communication error while QB is executing in multi-user mode
- The QB company file gets opened by referencing a mapped drive.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code -6000,-77
The steps to resolve the concerned error is described below:
- Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
For resolving the specified error, you first need to download and run QuickBooks File Doctor. It helps in fixing company files and the network.
- Rename the files and save these with the extension .ND and .TLG
- Open the folder in which your Company File is stored
- Start search the files with .ND and .TLG extension
- By right clicking on the files having .ND and .TLG extension, chose the option “Rename”. Add .old after adding extension and press “Enter” key.
- Configure setting of firewall and security software
- Configure setting of a firewall port automatically
- Configure exceptions manually for all firewall ports
- Install and configured antivirus properly
- Finally, reconstruct the damaged folder to resolve QuickBooks error code -6000,-77
- On a C:\ drive, you have to create a new folder
- Open the folder where you want to store your company file.
- Locate the .qbw file.
- Right-click on the file with the .qbw extension, and select the Copy option
- Now open or create a new folder, right-click on it and then paste the copied file
- Take windows permission to set an access, where the user can share the company files
- Open QuickBooks file from the relocated folder
Issue didn’t get resolved? Drop a call at QuickBooks Online Support Number
If the message for error code -6000,-77 is still displayed on the screen, you have to take sudden action, either make a call at the QuickBooks Support Canada +1-866-585-7662 or email your query at the mailing address available at our website. We suggest you an effective method for the quick resolution of the concerned error.