How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error Code H505
Several error codes share similar methods to that one and users have reported that the error mostly occurs in a multi-user environment and it will make the communication between several connected devices or accounts more challenging when it comes to sharing an individual company file.
The instructions below should end up being useful to folks who are experiencing this error code. You can find many solutions displayed so be sure you follow them one by one until one manages to fix your problem.
Solution 1: Verify the Hosting Process
Because this error often occurs in the multi-user environment where one computer (the server) serves as a number, you absolutely need certainly to ensure that only 1 computer gets the hosting option enabled by following steps below for every single computer or workstation linked to the project aside from the hosting computer.
- Open QuickBooks by clicking twice and then move to File >> Utilities.
- You ought to be in a position to see Host Multi-User Access option on the list which appears meaning this computer isn't hosting the organization file and it's safe to go on to another location computer. Ensure you don't change anything in the event that you see this option.
- In the event that you click File,>> Utilities and you start to see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access click this approach that will prevent this computer from the host
- Repeat this method for several computers with the exception of the actual host.
Solution 2: Check to see if Proper Services are running
This solution and the settings below which have to be tweaked are linked to the server computer or the host which will have the choice displayed in Solution 1 enabled. There are certainly a number of services which have to be running all the time on the server computer (QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService) so let's ensure they are.
- If you should be utilizing a version of Windows more than Windows 10, the simplest way for you yourself to access the services running in your PC is hitting the Start button and then to Run the dialog box.
- In the dialog box, write “services.MSC” and await the set of services to open.
- If you should be using Windows 10, you can even access Services utilizing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination to be able to talk about Task Manager.
- Demand Services tab in Task Manager and click Open Services at the end of its windows, alongside the gears icon.
Solution 3: Open the Network Ports QuickBooks Uses to Transmit Data
Firewalls can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the Internet properly and that's a significant concern. Different firewalls might be installed on your desktop but it's not recommended to utilize significantly more than one. Let's take a peek at making sure QuickBooks files aren't blocked by Windows Firewall:
- Navigate to Control Panel by searching in the Start menu and select System and Security >> Windows Firewall.
- Choose the Advanced settings options and highlight Inbound Rules in the left area of the screen.
- Right select Inbound Rules and select New Rule. Underneath the Rule type section, select Port. Select TCP from the initial pair of radio buttons (TCP is recommended) and switch the 2nd radio button to “Specific local ports.
- Ensure you separate them with a coma directly to the past one and select Next once you have finished.
- Choose the Allow the text radio button within the next window and click Next.
- Choose the network type when you need to utilize this rule. In the case you switch from a network connection to some other frequently, it's recommended that you keep most of the options checked before clicking Next.
- Name the rule something helping to make sense for you and click Finish.
- Ensure you repeat exactly the same steps for Outbound Rules (choose Outbound rules in Step 2).
Sometimes it could be required to edit the Windows hosts file and add your Web server there to be able to add this server to the whitelist. This can be a somewhat advanced process and you need to always be sure you follow the instructions carefully. You should have Administrator access to be able to proceed so be sure you login together with your administrator account.